- 1. untouchable, Harijan, outcast, castaway, pariah, Ishmael
- usage: belongs to lowest social and ritual class in India
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. untouchable, invulnerable (vs. vulnerable)
- usage: beyond the reach of criticism or attack or impeachment; "for the first time criticism was directed at a hitherto untouchable target"- Newsweek
- 2. unassailable, untouchable, inviolable (vs. violable)
- usage: impossible to assail
- 3. untouchable, impermissible (vs. permissible)
- usage: forbidden to the touch; "in most museums such articles are untouchable"
- 4. untouchable, unclean (vs. clean), impure
- usage: ( especially used in traditional Hindu belief of the lowest caste or castes) defiling
- 5. inaccessible, unobtainable, unprocurable, untouchable, unavailable (vs. available)
- usage: not capable of being obtained; "a rare work, today almost inaccessible"; "timber is virtually unobtainable in the islands"; "untouchable resources buried deep within the earth"
All rights reserved.
See also: untouchable (Dictionary)