Synonyms of upward
- 1. upward, up (vs. down)
- usage: directed up; "the cards were face upward"; "an upward stroke of the pen"
- 2. up(prenominal), upward(prenominal), ascending(prenominal) (vs. descending)
- usage: extending or moving toward a higher place; "the up staircase"; "a general upward movement of fish"
- 1. up, upwards, upward, upwardly
- usage: spatially or metaphorically from a lower to a higher position; "look up!"; "the music surged up"; "the fragments flew upwards"; "prices soared upwards"; "upwardly mobile"
- 2. up, upwards, upward
- usage: to a later time; "they moved the meeting date up"; "from childhood upward"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of upward (Dictionary)