upward: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (up'wurd), [key]
- toward a higher place or position: The birds flew upward.
- toward a higher or more distinguished condition, rank, level, etc.: His employer wishes to move him upward in the company.
- to a greater degree; more: fourscore and upward.
- toward a large city, the source or origin of a stream, or the interior of a country or region: They followed the Thames River upward from the North Sea to London.
- in the upper parts; above.
- more than; above: My vacation cost me upwards of a thousand dollars.
- moving or tending upward; directed at or situated in a higher place or position.
- upward (Thesaurus)