Synonyms of verbal
- 1. verbal, communicative (vs. uncommunicative), communicatory
- usage: communicated in the form of words; "verbal imagery"; "a verbal protest"
- 2. verbal
- usage: of or relating to or formed from words in general; "verbal ability"
- 3. verbal
- usage: of or relating to or formed from a verb; "verbal adjectives like `running' in `hot and cold running water'"
- 4. verbal (vs. numerical)
- usage: relating to or having facility in the use of words; "a good poet is a verbal artist"; "a merely verbal writer who sacrifices content to sound"; "verbal aptitude"
- 5. verbal, spoken (vs. written)
- usage: expressed in spoken words; "a verbal contract"
- 6. verbal, prolix (vs. concise)
- usage: prolix; "you put me to forget a lady's manners by being so verbal"- Shakespeare
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of verbal (Dictionary)