verbal: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (vr'bul), [key]
- of or pertaining to words: verbal ability.
- consisting of or in the form of words: verbal imagery.
- expressed in spoken words; oral rather than written: verbal communication; verbal agreement.
- consisting of or expressed in words (as opposed to actions): a verbal protest.
- pertaining to or concerned with words only (as opposed to ideas, facts, or realities): a purely verbal distinction between two concepts.
- corresponding word for word; verbatim: a verbal translation.
- using words: verbal facility.
- based on the use of words (as opposed to other activity): a verbal score in a test; verbal IQ.
- of, pertaining to, or derived from a verb.
- used in a sentence as or like a verb, as participles and infinitives.
- a word, particularly a noun or adjective, derived from a verb.
- verbal (Thesaurus)