Synonyms of whine
- 1. whimper, whine, complaint
- usage: a complaint uttered in a plaintive whining way
- 1. whine, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move with a whining sound; "The bullets were whining past us"
- 2. snivel, whine, talk, speak, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise
- usage: talk in a tearful manner
- 3. whine, squeak, screech, creak, screak, skreak, make noise, resound, noise
- usage: make a high-pitched, screeching noise; "The door creaked when I opened it slowly"; "My car engine makes a whining noise"
- 4. whine, grizzle, yammer, yawp, complain, kick, plain, sound off, quetch, kvetch
- usage: complain whiningly
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of whine (Dictionary)