whine: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (hwīn, wīn), [key]
— v., n. whined, whin•ing,
- to utter a low, usually nasal, complaining cry or sound, as from uneasiness, discontent, peevishness, etc.: The puppies were whining from hunger.
- to snivel or complain in a peevish, self-pitying way: He is always whining about his problems.
- to utter with or as if with a whine: I whined my litany of complaints.
- a whining utterance, sound, or tone.
- a feeble, peevish complaint.
- whine (Thesaurus)