- 1. hair's-breadth, hairsbreadth, hair, whisker, small indefinite quantity, small indefinite amount
- usage: a very small distance or space; "they escaped by a hair's-breadth"; "they lost the election by a whisker"
- 2. whisker, vibrissa, sensory hair, hair
- usage: a long stiff hair growing from the snout or brow of most mammals as e.g. a cat
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bewhisker, whisker, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: furnish with whiskers; "a whiskered jersey"
All rights reserved.
See also: whisker (Dictionary)