Synonyms of witness
- 1. witness, witnesser, informant, perceiver, percipient, observer, beholder, speaker, talker, utterer, verbalizer, verbaliser
- usage: someone who sees an event and reports what happened
- 2. spectator, witness, viewer, watcher, looker, perceiver, percipient, observer, beholder
- usage: a close observer; someone who looks at something (such as an exhibition of some kind); "the spectators applauded the performance"; "television viewers"; "sky watchers discovered a new star"
- 3. witness, testimony
- usage: testimony by word or deed to your religious faith
- 4. witness, attestant, attestor, attestator, signer, signatory
- usage: (law) a person who attests to the genuineness of a document or signature by adding their own signature
- 5. witness, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: (law) a person who testifies under oath in a court of law
- 1. witness, watch
- usage: be a witness to; "She witnessed the accident and had to testify in court"
- 2. witness, find, see, experience, see, go through
- usage: perceive or be contemporaneous with; "We found Republicans winning the offices"; "You'll see a lot of cheating in this school"; "The 1960's saw the rebellion of the younger generation against established traditions"; "I want to see results"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of witness (Dictionary)