- 1. worth, indefinite quantity
- usage: an indefinite quantity of something having a specified value; "10 dollars worth of gasoline"
- 2. worth, quality
- usage: the quality that renders something desirable or valuable or useful
- 3. Worth, Charles Frederick Worth
- usage: French couturier (born in England) regarded as the founder of Parisian haute couture; noted for introducing the bustle (1825-1895)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. deserving, worth(predicate), worthy (vs. unworthy)
- usage: worthy of being treated in a particular way; "an idea worth considering"; "the deserving poor" (often used ironically)
- 2. worth(predicate), valuable (vs. worthless)
- usage: having a specified value; "not worth his salt"; "worth her weight in gold"
All rights reserved.
See also: worth (Dictionary)