worth: Meaning and Definition of
- good or important enough to justify (what is specified): advice worth taking; a place worth visiting.
- having a value of, or equal in value to, as in money: This vase is worth 12 dollars.
- having property to the value or amount of: They are worth millions.
- excellence of character or quality as commanding esteem: women of worth.
- usefulness or importance, as to the world, to a person, or for a purpose: Your worth to the world is inestimable.
- value, as in money.
- a quantity of something of a specified value: ten cents' worth of candy.
- wealth; riches; property or possessions: net worth.
- to the utmost: He ran for all he was worth.
— v.i. Archaic.
- to happen or betide: woe worth the day.
- a town in NE Illinois. 11,592.
- worth (Thesaurus)