Animals: Ask the Fact Monster Questions
Updated February 23, 2017 | Factmonster Staff
- What is a group of rhinoceroses called?
- How many eggs does one chicken produce per day?
- How much food does an elephant typically eat in one day?
- Why do cats always land on their feet?
- Can flamingos fly?
- What causes a chameleon to change its body color?
- What is considered to be the longest living breed of dog?
- I may have heard this wrong, but I thought a guide at the Wild Animal Park in San Diego gave us the names of the three most dangerous animals?those that are responsible for the most human deaths. I thought that he listed hippopotamuses as the most lethal. Why would that be?
- What is the most popular pet for families to have in the United States?
- How did the Manx cat lose its tail? All other cats have long flowing tails, but not the Manx cat; it only has a stump.
- Where was Roy Rogers' original horse, Trigger, born?
- What is the history of Siamese cats? Is there some legend behind them?
- Do snakes?such as the water moccasin?bite underwater?
- Someone at work told me there is an animal that smells, or has an odor, like popcorn. But they couldn't remember what animal it was. If this is true, would you know the name of the animal?
- Can you tell me where I can obtain a list of endangered species?
- I read the list of the fastest animals on land at your site. But I was wondering what is the fastest animal in the sea might be?
- Could somebody please tell me the scientific name of the spiny lobster found along the Caribbean shores of Central America (Honduras to Panama)? Thank you sooooo much!
- What is the difference between a wasp and hornet?
- Why do cats' eyes glow?
- What is the scientific reason worms come up onto the pavement or cement when it rains?
- What's the difference between an alligator and a crocodile?
- What qualifies an animal to be listed as "endangered"?
- How old do elephants actually get?
- What's the most poisonous snake?
- Are bulls really enraged by the color red?
- I am looking for a list of words for "plurals" of animals, i.e. a "pack" of wolves or a "flock" of seagulls. I have looked at various websites and got basically nowhere, any help would be appreciated!!!
- What was the first zoo in the U.S.?