camber: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kam'bur), [key]
— v.t., v.i.
- to arch slightly; bend or curve upward in the middle.
- a slight arching, upward curve, or convexity, as of the deck of a ship.
- a slightly arching piece of timber.
- the rise of the curve of an airfoil, usually expressed as the ratio of the rise to the length of the chord of the airfoil.
- the outward or inward tilt of a wheel, called positive when the top tilts outward and negative when it tilts inward, measured as the angle, in degrees, between the vertical and a plane through the circumference of the tire.
- camber (Thesaurus)