Meaning of circulate
Pronunciation: (sûr'kyu-lāt"), [key]
— v., -lat•ed, -lat•ing.
- to move in a circle or circuit; move or pass through a circuit back to the starting point: Blood circulates throughout the body.
- to pass from place to place, from person to person, etc.: She circulated among her guests.
- to be distributed or sold, esp. over a wide area.
- (of books and other materials) to be available for borrowing by patrons of a library for a specified period of time.
- to cause to pass from place to place, person to person, etc.; disseminate; distribute: to circulate a rumor.
- to lend (books and other materials) to patrons of a library for a specified period of time.
- circulate (Thesaurus)