daily: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (dā'lē), [key]
— adj., n., pl. adv. -lies,
- of, done, occurring, or issued each day or each weekday: daily attendance; a daily newspaper.
- computed or measured by the day: daily quota; a daily wage.
- a newspaper appearing each day or each weekday.
- a series of hastily printed shots from the previous day's shooting, selected by the director to be viewed for possible inclusion in the final version of the film; rushes.
- a nonresident servant who comes to work every day; a permanently employed servant who sleeps out.
- a person employed to do cleaning or other household work by the day.
- every day; day by day: She phoned the hospital daily.
- daily (Thesaurus)