daub: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (dôb), [key]
- to cover or coat with soft, adhesive matter, as plaster or mud: to daub a canvas with paint; to daub stone walls with mud.
- to spread (plaster, mud, etc.) on or over something: to daub plaster on a brick wall.
- to smear, soil, or defile.
- to apply, as paint or colors, unskillfully.
- to daub something.
- to paint unskillfully.
- material, esp. of an inferior kind, for daubing walls.
- something daubed on.
- an act of daubing.
- a crude, inartistic painting.
- daub (Thesaurus)