debut: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (dā-by', di-, dā'by, deb'y), [key]
- a first public appearance on a stage, on television, etc.
- the first appearance of something, as a new product.
- (of a young woman) a formal introduction and entrance into society, as at an annual ball.
- the beginning of a profession, career, etc.
- to make a debut, as in society or in a performing art: She decided to debut with several other violinists.
- to appear for the first time, as on the market: A new product will debut next month.
- to perform (something) for the first time before an audience: He didn't know when the orchestra would debut his new symphony.
- to place on the market for the first time; introduce.
- of, pertaining to, or constituting a first appearance: a debut performance; a debut record album.
- debut (Thesaurus)