demonstration: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (dem"un-strā'shun), [key]
- the act or circumstance of proving or being proved conclusively, as by reasoning or a show of evidence: a belief incapable of demonstration.
- something serving as proof or supporting evidence: They sent a check as a demonstration of their concern.
- a description or explanation, as of a process, illustrated by examples, specimens, or the like: a demonstration of methods of refining ore.
- the act of exhibiting the operation or use of a device, machine, process, product, or the like, as to a prospective buyer.
- an exhibition, as of feeling; display; manifestation: His demonstration of affection was embarrassing.
- a public exhibition of the attitude of a group of persons toward a controversial issue, or other matter, made by picketing, parading, etc.
- a show of military force or of offensive operations made to deceive an enemy.
- a logical presentation of the way in which given assumptions imply a certain result; proof.
- demonstration (Thesaurus)