divinity: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (di-vin'i-tē), [key]
— pl. -ties.
- the quality of being divine; divine nature.
- deity; godhood.
- a divine being; God.
- (sometimes l.c.) the Deity.
- a being having divine attributes, ranking below God but above humans: minor divinities.
- the study or science of divine things; theology.
- godlike character; supreme excellence.
- Also calleda fluffy white or artificially tinted fudge made usually of sugar, corn syrup, egg whites, and flavoring, often with nuts.
- divinity (Thesaurus)