document: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (n.dok'yu-muntv.dok'yu-ment&sec), [key]
- a written or printed paper furnishing information or evidence, as a passport, deed, bill of sale, or bill of lading; a legal or official paper.
- any written item, as a book, article, or letter, esp. of a factual or informative nature.
- a computer data file.
- evidence; proof.
- to furnish with documents.
- to furnish with references, citations, etc., in support of statements made: a carefully documented biography.
- to support by documentary evidence: to document a case.
- to provide (a vessel) with a certificate giving particulars concerning nationality, ownership, tonnage, dimensions, etc.
- to instruct.
- document (Thesaurus)