dunk: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (dungk), [key]
- to dip (a doughnut, cake, etc.) into coffee, milk, or the like, before eating.
- to submerge in a liquid: She dunked the curtains in the dye.
- to attempt to thrust (a ball) through the basket using a dunk shot.
- to dip or submerge something, oneself, etc., in a liquid: She thinks it's vulgar to dunk. Let's dunk in the pool before dinner.
- to execute or attempt a dunk shot.
- any flavorful sauce, dip, gravy, etc., into which portions of food are dipped before eating.
- dunk (Thesaurus)