Meaning of fixture
Pronunciation: (fiks'chur), [key]
- something securely, and usually permanently, attached or appended, as to a house, apartment building, etc.: a light fixture; kitchen fixtures.
- a person or thing long established in the same place or position.
- any of various devices for holding work in a machine tool, esp. one for machining in a straight line, as in a planer or milling machine.
- any of various devices for holding parts in certain positions during welding, assembly, etc.
- a movable chattel, as a machine or heating plant, that, by reason of annexation to real property and adaptation to continuing use in connection with the realty, is considered a part of the realty.
- one of a series of meets scheduled by a hunt to take place at a time and location listed on a card that is sent, usually once a month, to each member of a hunt.
- the act of fixing.
- an event that takes place regularly.
- fixture (Thesaurus)