Meaning of fragment
Pronunciation: (n.frag'muntv.frag'munt, -ment, frag&sylpment'), [key]
- a part broken off or detached: scattered fragments of the broken vase.
- an isolated, unfinished, or incomplete part: She played a fragment of her latest composition.
- an odd piece, bit, or scrap.
- to collapse or break into fragments; disintegrate: The chair fragmented under his weight.
- to break (something) into pieces or fragments; cause to disintegrate: Outside influences soon fragmented the Mayan culture.
- to divide into fragments; disunify.
- fragment (Thesaurus)