Meaning of fry
— v., n., pl. fried, fry•ing, fries.
- to cook in a pan or on a griddle over direct heat, usually in fat or oil.
- to execute by electrocution in an electric chair.
- to undergo cooking in fat or oil.
- to die by electrocution in an electric chair.
- a dish of something fried.
- a piece of french-fried potato.
- a party or gathering at which the chief food is fried, frequently outdoors: a fish fry.
— pl. fry.
- the young of fish.
- the young of various other animals, as frogs.
- people; individuals, esp. children: games that are fun for the small fry.
- born 1907, English playwright.
- fry (Thesaurus)