Meaning of generator
Pronunciation: ( jen'u-rā"tur), [key]
- a machine that converts one form of energy into another, esp. mechanical energy into electrical energy, as a dynamo, or electrical energy into sound, as an acoustic generator.
- a person or thing that generates.
- an apparatus for producing a gas or vapor.
- an element or one of a set of elements from which a specified mathematical object can be formed by applying certain operations.
- an element, as a line, that generates a figure.
- a program that produces a particular type of output on demand, as random numbers, an application program, or a report.
- generator (Thesaurus)