goof: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (gf), [key]
— Slang. Slang.
- to blunder; make an error, misjudgment, etc.
- to waste or kill time; evade work or responsibility (often fol. by off or around): Exam week is not a time to goof off. We goofed around till train time.
- to spoil or make a mess of (something); botch; bungle (often fol. by up): You really goofed up the job.
- to tease, ridicule, or mock; make fun of.
- a foolish or stupid person.
- a mistake or blunder, esp. one due to carelessness.
- a source of fun or cause for amusement: We short-sheeted his bunk just for a goof.
- goof (Thesaurus)