Meaning of inscription
Pronunciation: (in-skrip'shun), [key]
- something inscribed.
- a historical, religious, or other record cut, impressed, painted, or written on stone, brick, metal, or other hard surface.
- a brief, usually informal dedication, as of a book or a work of art.
- a note, as a dedication, that is written and signed by hand in a book.
- the act of inscribing.
- the part of a prescription indicating the drugs and the amounts to be mixed.
- an issue of securities or stocks.
- a block of shares in a stock, as bought or sold by one person.
- Also calledthe lettering in the field of a coin, medal, etc.
- inscription (Thesaurus)