invoice: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (in'vois), [key]
— n., v., -voiced, -voic•ing.
- an itemized bill for goods sold or services provided, containing individual prices, the total charge, and the terms.
- the merchandise or shipment itself.
- to present an invoice to: The manufacturer invoiced our company for two typewriters.
- to present an invoice for: five chairs invoiced and shipped last month.
- to prepare or submit an invoice.
- to have a value if or when inventoried: The merchandise in stock invoiced far more than we expected.
- invoice (Thesaurus)