kingdom: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (king'dum), [key]
- a state or government having a king or queen as its head.
- anything conceived as constituting a realm or sphere of independent action or control: the kingdom of thought.
- a realm or province of nature, esp. one of the three broad divisions of natural objects: the animal, vegetable, and mineral kingdoms.
- a taxonomic category of the highest rank, grouping together all forms of life having certain fundamental characteristics in common: in the five-kingdom classification scheme adopted by many biologists, separate kingdoms are assigned to animals (Animalia), plants (Plantae), fungi (Fungi), protozoa and eucaryotic algae (Protista), and bacteria and blue-green algae (Monera).
- the spiritual sovereignty of God or Christ.
- the domain over which the spiritual sovereignty of God or Christ extends, whether in heaven or on earth.
- kingdom (Thesaurus)