Meaning of makeup
Pronunciation: (māk'up"), [key]
- facial cosmetics, as eye shadow or lipstick.
- cosmetics used on other parts of the body, as to cover birthmarks.
- the application of cosmetics.
- the ensemble or effect created by such application: Her makeup was subtle but very effective.
- the total ensemble of cosmetics, wigs, costumes, etc., used by an actor or other performer.
- the manner of being made up or put together; composition: the makeup of a team; the makeup of a situation.
- physical or mental constitution: the makeup of a criminal.
- the art, technique, or process of arranging or laying out, as pages in a publication.
- the appearance of a page, book, newspaper, or the like, resulting from the arrangement and the variation in size and style of the printed elements: The makeup would be helped by a picture in this corner.
- the arrangement of set type, cuts, etc., into columns or pages.
- an examination, assignment, or the like, given to offset a student's previous absence or failure.
- an amount owed; balance.
- makeup (Thesaurus)