Meaning of pulp
Pronunciation: (pulp), [key]
- the soft, juicy, edible part of a fruit.
- the pith of the stem of a plant.
- a soft or fleshy part of an animal body.
- Also calledthe inner substance of the tooth, containing arteries, veins, and lymphatic and nerve tissue that communicate with their respective vascular, lymph, and nerve systems. See diag. under
- any soft, moist, slightly cohering mass, as that into which linen, wood, etc., are converted in the making of paper.
- a magazine or book printed on rough, low-quality paper made of wood pulp or rags, and usually containing sensational and lurid stories, articles, etc. Cf. (def. 9).
- ore pulverized and mixed with water.
- dry crushed ore.
- to reduce to pulp.
- to reduce (printed papers, books, etc.) to pulp for use in making new paper.
- to remove the pulp from.
- to become reduced to pulp.
- pulp (Thesaurus)