radial: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (r?'d?-ul), [key]
- arranged like radii or rays.
- having spokes, bars, lines, etc., arranged like radii, as a machine.
- made in the direction of a radius; going from the center outward or from the circumference inward along a radius: a radial cut.
- pertaining to structures that radiate from a central point, as the arms of a starfish.
- of, like, or pertaining to a radius or a ray.
- a radial engine; a radial pump.
- having pistons moving inward and outward from a central point or shaft:a radial engine; a radial pump.
- noting a bearing designed primarily to take thrusts radial to the center of rotation.
- of, pertaining to, or situated near the radius.
- acting along or in the direction of the radius of a circle: radial motion; radial velocity.
- a radial section or construction.
- radial (Thesaurus)