Meaning of reflexive
Pronunciation: (ri-flek'siv), [key]
- (of a verb) taking a subject and object with identical referents, as shave in I shave myself.
- (of a pronoun) used as an object to refer to the subject of a verb, as myself in I shave myself.
- reflex; responsive.
- able to reflect; reflective.
- noting a relation in which each element is in relation to itself, as the relation “less than or equal to.” Cf.antireflexive.
- (of a vector space) having the property that the dual space of the dual space of the given vector space equals the given vector space.
- a reflexive verb or pronoun.
- reflexive (Thesaurus)