Meaning of reservoir
Pronunciation: (rez'ur-vwär", -vwôr", -vôr", rez'u-), [key]
- a natural or artificial place where water is collected and stored for use, esp. water for supplying a community, irrigating land, furnishing power, etc.
- a receptacle or chamber for holding a liquid or fluid.
- See under (def. 6).
- a cavity or part that holds some fluid or secretion.
- a place where anything is collected or accumulated in great amount.
- a large or extra supply or stock; reserve: a reservoir of knowledge.
- reservoir (Thesaurus)