Meaning of rinse
Pronunciation: (rins), [key]
— v., n. rinsed, rins•ing,
- to wash lightly, as by pouring water into or over or by dipping in water: to rinse a cup.
- to douse or drench in clean water as a final stage in washing.
- to remove (soap, dirt, etc.) by such a process (often fol. by off).
- to use a rinse on (the hair).
- an act or instance of rinsing.
- the water used for rinsing.
- any preparation that may be used on the hair after washing, esp. to tint or condition the hair.
- an act or instance of using such a preparation on the hair.
- rinse (Thesaurus)