sculpture: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (skulp'chur), [key]
— n., v., -tured, -tur•ing.
- the art of carving, modeling, welding, or otherwise producing figurative or abstract works of art in three dimensions, as in relief, intaglio, or in the round.
- such works of art collectively.
- an individual piece of such work.
- to carve, model, weld, or otherwise produce (a piece of sculpture).
- to produce a portrait or image of in this way; represent in sculpture.
- to change the form of (the land surface) by erosion.
- to work as a sculptor.
- sculpture (Thesaurus)