Meaning of silent
Pronunciation: (sī'lunt), [key]
- making no sound; quiet; still: a silent motor.
- refraining from speech.
- speechless; mute.
- not inclined to speak; taciturn; reticent.
- characterized by absence of speech or sound: a silent prayer.
- unspoken; tacit: a silent assent.
- omitting mention of something, as in a narrative: The records are silent about this crime.
- inactive or quiescent, as a volcano.
- not sounded or pronounced: The “b” in “doubt” is a silent letter.
- not having spoken dialogue or a soundtrack.
- producing no symptoms: silent gallstones.
- Usually,silent films.
- silent (Thesaurus)