snowball: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (snō'bôl"), [key]
- a ball of snow pressed or rolled together, as for throwing.
- any of several shrubs belonging to the genus Viburnum, of the honeysuckle family, having large clusters of white, sterile flowers.
- a confection of crushed ice, usually in the shape of a ball, which is flavored with fruit or other syrup and served in a paper cup.
- a scoop or ball of ice cream covered with shredded coconut and usually chocolate sauce.
- to throw snowballs at.
- to cause to grow or become larger, greater, more intense, etc., at an accelerating rate: to snowball a small business into a great enterprise.
- to grow or become larger, greater, more intense, etc., at an accelerating rate.
- snowball (Thesaurus)