Meaning of witch
Pronunciation: (wich), [key]
- a person, now esp. a woman, who professes or is supposed to practice magic, esp. black magic or the black art; sorceress. Cf.
- an ugly or mean old woman; hag: the old witch who used to own this building.
- a person who uses a divining rod; dowser.
- to bring by or as by witchcraft (often fol. by into, to, etc.): She witched him into going.
- to affect as if by witchcraft; bewitch; charm.
- to prospect with a divining rod; dowse.
- of, pertaining to, or designed as protection against witches.
- witch (Thesaurus)