Kuwait | Islamic Militants Attack Mosque
- Kuwait Main Page
- Citizenry Benefits from Oil Wealth
- Iraq Invades Kuwait
- Women Win Suffrage in Kuwait
- Women Continue to Make Inroads
- Opposition Boycotts Parliamentary Elections
- Islamic Militants Attack Mosque
Islamic Militants Attack Mosque
In an attempt to stop Houthi rebels from advancing further in Yemen, Saudi Arabia led a coalition of Arab states in an offensive on Houthi targets in late March 2015. Kuwait participated in the campaign.
A suicide bomber claiming to be connected to the Islamic State attacked a Shiite mosque in the capital of Kuwait City in June 2015, killing 27 people and injuring several hundred.