Winter Olympics 2006 | Torino, Italy
Updated February 21, 2017 | Factmonster Staff
Looking for information about the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics?
Did You Know?
At the 1998 Nagano Winter Games, alpine skier Jean-Luc Cretier set the Olympic record for fastest average speed.More...
Winter Olympics Through The Years
Winter Olympics Biographies
- Alpine Skiing
- Bode vs. The Hermanator
- A demanding combination of exertion and precision
- Offspring of the toboggan
- Cross-Country Skiing
- The sport of the Vikings
- Think shuffleboard on ice
- Figure Skating
- Can the Russians take all?
- Freestyle Skiing
- A breathtaking and creative sport
- Ice Hockey
- A tournament of veterans
- One of the fastest Olympic sports
- Nordic Combined
- Long dominated by Scandinavian countries
- Face first down an icy track
- Ski Jumping
- Once a popular attraction at ski carnivals
- Very popular new sport
- Speed Skating
- The Olympic demolition derby
- Did You Know?
- Did you know China won their first Winter Olympic gold medals in Salt Lake City? What sport did they win them in?
- Winter Olympics Trivia
- Who has won the most medals for the United States in the Winter Olympics?
- Torino Olympics
- Torino, Italy, is the site of the 2006 Winter Games. The Winter Games were held in Italy once before. What year?
- Winter Olympics History: Part 1
- What the was first year that female athletes could compete in events other than figure skating at a Winter Olympics?
- Winter Olympics History: Part 2
- East Germany made its Olympic debut at which Winter Games?
- Salt Lake City Recap
- What country won the most medals at the Salt Lake City Games?